Start your claim

No Win No Fee*

Claims Depot


Request A Free Call Back

A specialist will call you back for a no obligation chat

Lost money on an investment that

wasn't suitable for you?


You could be entitled to compensation, even if that investment was unregulated.


As Seen In:

Daily Mail
The Times
Check Mark - Case Won

Mr. G lost £6,000 on an unsuitable investment.


He was awarded £14,528 compensation.

Check Mark - Case Won

Mr. D received bad advice to transfer his British Steel Pension.


He was awarded £85,000 compensation.

Check Mark - Case Won

Mr. P was mis-sold shares and lost £7,225.


He was awarded £16,898 compensation.

Mis-Sold Investment Claims


A mis-sold investment occurs in many ways.  Whether you were contacted directly by a licensed investment company or were working with an Independent Financial Advisor (IFA).  They have a duty to  protect your money from investments that are not suitable for your financial situation.


Mis-sold investments are often the result of financial advisors or brokers being negligent or greedy.  Some of these high-risk investments offer a larger commission to the broker or IFA and often causes them to overlook their duty to you.


Although losing money in a high risk investment is not eligible for compensation in itself.  You could be owed money back if any of the following apply;


    • The firm failed to properly assess your financial circumstances.
    • Risks were not adequately explained.
    • Shares were unsuitable for you.
    • You did not want to participate in a high risk investment with your money.
    • You are not a high net-worth investor (£100k to £250k of assets available for investment).
    • The firm was trading as a principal but failed to disclose this.
    • Broker gave you false or misleading information.


Your financial advisor or broker would be negligent if they advised you to invest your pension or money into any of the following high risk investments:


    • CFDs (Contracts For Difference).
    • High risk shares and funds.
    • FOREX (Foreign Exchange).
    • Carbon Credits.
    • Plots of land / Land Bank (with no planning permission).
    • Diamonds.
    • Greenbelt or Brown-field land.
    • Overseas investments.
    • Storage pods.
    • Unregulated High-Income corporate bonds.


In order to be able to claim compensation for any of the above types of investments.  The company or financial advisor you worked with must have been licensed at the time and they must have provided you with advice that you then acted upon and as a result lost money.


If you have invested in any of these types of investments or others that were more risk than you were prepared for, you could be entitled to compensation.  Please fill out our registration form so that a claims expert can review your case with you.


Mis-Sold Investments Time-Line


The mis-selling of investments goes back many years and covers thousands of victims across a wide variety of financial products.  It is estimated that there is as much as £10 billion of mis-sold pensions and these victims are owed compensation.


If you believe you have been effected by financial mis-selling please fill out our contact form and a claims specialist will contact you to evaluate your case.



Start your claim

Claims Depot is a proud supporter of The MS Society

You do not need to use any third party to present a claim to either The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You can make your own representation to them and their services are free.

Tower Hill Group Ltd is a limited company registered in England & Wales, registration number 12620190.

Tower Hill Group Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), registration number ZA760652.

The registered office is Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, UK, EC1V 2NX.